Business Process Automation
Business Process Automation
In most cases, how well an organization implements and executes its key business processes play a huge role in determining its overall success. While various types of process automation and management solutions have been around for years, they’ve all had three strikes against them – they’re complex, expensive, and they don’t do a good job of involving people.
Even more than the complexity and the expense, current solutions often sidestep the integration of people into the process, as they are not connected to the organization’s communications systems. At best, they overload your people with e‐mail, instead of getting to the heart of how the entire business process, people and interactions included, could be optimized for efficiency, end to end.
A new approach to Business Process Automation
Introducing Communications‐Based Process Automation (CBPA) – solutions that focus on the automation of the process AND the communications that drive them. It proposes that we use communications technologies and practices that have been proven over decades in contact centers as the foundation for process automation:
- Intelligent queuing and routing – The technology used to queue calls for delivery to the right agent with the right skills in the contact center can also provide the orderly prioritization and delivery of work to the right people in the organization.
- Presence – A communications‐based process automation solution can make use of presence information when it decides how to deliver work based on a person’s availability.
- WFM – Demand forecasting and agent scheduling techniques that allow contact centers to make sure that they have sufficient personnel to handle the expected load.
- Recording – Capturing the communication method used between a customer and an agent (calls, chats, emails and faxes) becomes even more valuable when recording and reviewing communications between parties within a business process, especially for guideline adherence and compliance.
- Real‐time monitoring – Contact center supervisors demand real-time visibility to monitor agent performance and ensure service levels are met. These same capabilities provide managers and executive’s real-time visibility into every step of the work process, including statistics and alerts to errors and delays, and the ability to “coach” employees through processes as needed.
- VoIP – provides complete location-independence, enabling employees to participate in businesses processes from anywhere in the world.
Interaction Process Automation provides a unique and cost-effective solution for process automation and management. IPA’s unique unified architecture and features allow your business to:
- Decrease the cost of a given process
- Increase organizational efficiency
- Reduce the amount of time required to complete a process
- Eliminate latency in processes
- Minimize human error
Interaction Process Automation(IPA)
Interaction Process Automation (IPA) restores control over your business processes and creates visibility into your operations as it automates. IPA keeps track of work, progress, people, skills, qualifications, availability, and resources. IPA optimizes processes by automatically prioritizing and routing work to the best qualified and available worker – regardless of location – for timely completion. IPA knows who and where those people are and delivers the work to them. Say goodbye to delays and chaos and hello to efficiency and manageability.
Interaction Process Automation – More than just Communications-Enabled
Interaction Process Automation (IPA), the CBPA solution from Interactive Intelligence, moves beyond just “enabling” communications within applications or business process management suites. IPA becomes the process automation platform for the company, orchestrating processes across people, departments, and your existing core business applications. Because it was built on top of the Customer Interaction Center (CIC), it leverages proven communications technology that has been in use for years in contact centers around the world. IPA is designed to reduce costs and provide a quantifiable return on Investment for Unified Communications by automating processes that are far more efficient than their manual counterparts, enabling companies to accomplish more with fewer required resources.
The Hard ROI Benefits of CBPA
After thinking through the capabilities that can be provided by our CBPA solution, the benefits become quite clear.
- Reduced Cost –Organizations can cut costs by decreasing the number of employees and the amount of time involved in a given business process while eliminating latency and human error.
- Faster Process Completion – Process automation built upon a communications platform automatically keeps processes moving, participants communicating and work completing faster.
- Process automation enterprise wide – Unlike traditional business process automation and management solutions that only tackle one portion of your company’s overall process automation needs, our CBPA solution can be deployed enterprise wide for simple processes (time off requests, approvals, information gathering, etc.) or more complex processes (claims processing, order fulfillment, patient scheduling, etc.).
Random database queries can also be executed for immediate “need to know” situations. Data resulting from random queries can be exported to an Excel spreadsheet or other system application.